Introduction to Social Media for Direct Sales, Network Marketing and MLM
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE IN EVERY DIRECT SALES, NETWORK MARKETING, or MLM BUSINESS:
• The professional serial salesperson or career direct sales operator who has the ability to join ANY company they sell to, learn it, and build resounding success quickly. This is the “PRO”.
• The ESTABLISHED DISTRIBUTOR who knows their business and has built a downline, big or small.
• The BEGINNER has just started.
What each of these people have in common is the opportunity to boost their operation, their sales and their income, using social networks.
Whatever YOUR type, social networking using social media – or “new media” – applied correctly can greatly benefit your direct sales/network marketing/multi-level marketing (“MLM”) business.
In EVERY case, social media can significantly change the trajectory of your success.
A Social Media “Message” for Every Type of Direct Sales/Network Marketing/MLM Person
~ FOR DIRECT SALES/NETWORK MARKETING AND MLM PROFESSIONALS
“If you are that talented serial salesperson who does well in ANY organization, you are already armed with that special ability to lead. You are familiar enough with the structure and principles of the direct sales/network marketing/MLM business model to go into any situation you choose and excel.”
“Add social media usage to your arsenal and your income can increase exponentially.”
~ FOR ESTABLISHED DIRECT SELLING/NETWORK MARKETING AND MLM DISTRIBUTORS
“Once you’ve grown your direct marketing business, have a sizable downline, and experienced some degree of success, you have the benefit of knowing your business well.”
“Incorporating the use of social media into your established operation has additional benefits that can take the foundation you’ve already established to the next level.”
~ FOR DIRECT SALES/NETWORK MARKETING and MLM “NEWBIES” and BEGINNERS
“When you’re new to a network marketing company, you must first learn about your new business and how to grow it. There are often friends, family, and acquaintances there to not only solicit sales, but also to advertise your new opportunity and invite you to join. join you in your business”.
“There are ongoing presentations and trainings you need to attend to support you in your business.”
“Social media can enhance everything about your new business, from launch to legacy!”
Use new media to clearly brand your direct selling/network marketing/MLM business
YOUR BENEFITS ARE THESE:
~ You can…
• Create an impressive and influential brand presence.
• Showcase your group’s individual and collective success stories.
• Generate new leads; build and grow your database without leaving your home and while you sleep!
• Recruit new leads anywhere!
• Grow your downline across the country (even around the world, as appropriate), without physical travel!
• Communication of groups of automata.
• Distribute customized training.
• Hold virtual presentations—recorded or live!
• Invite people to your circle and to your real-world events instantly, the moment you walk up to them, without the expense of printed flyers, postage, or mailing!
• Facilitate and promote third party sponsorships, referrals and introductions!
• Analyze and track user behavior and the progress of your campaign.
While new media can and will improve your operation, your reach, influence, sales, and probably everything else about your business, understand that its use leads to success over time. Earnings are incremental. Social tools, resources, and strategies need to be applied consistently over the long term to work best for you.
What is the “long haul” you ask? It’s today’s plant, tomorrow’s crop, long term.
Here are your 12 basic action steps:
- Document your personal and business goals; Define your mission.
- Establish your profile online. personal and commercial.
- Initial construction, basic content.
- Set your primary destination online.
- Set your main “lead capture” destination.
- Establish social media accounts; connect your profile; distribute your content.
- Maintain, update and add new social networks as needed.
- Keep creating new content; Keep distributing fresh content (through your social networks).
- Engage with your audience as an active and visible participant; join the conversation.”
- Respond to your leads and generated inquiries.
- Teach each current member (and each new member) of your team to perform from 1 to 12.
- Repeat from #7 to 12.
Because social media is all about building “in-person” connections and relationships, using it consistently to be effective takes a lot of time. The obvious question is how does the busy businessman allocate time to “deal with” social media?
THREE POINTS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER:
• First, understand that you no longer have the luxury of NOT finding a way to participate in social media. At this point in the game, a lack of commitment puts your business credibility at risk.
• Next, keep in mind that, like everything else in your business, some of your tasks and responsibilities MAY be assigned to others. Even the “personal” ones.
• Finally, know that using new media and social networking for business IS a specialized skill that, when BEST practiced, combines marketing expertise with knowledge of copywriting, PLUS real-world experience within of social networks. Yes, in theory everyone CAN do this, but in reality, how well?
HERE ARE YOUR POSSIBILITIES:
1. Take the time to learn social media practices so your business can do it all yourself.
2. Take the time to learn social media for your business so you can contribute knowledge to crafting your campaigns and assign other tasks.
3. Hire new media specialists to teach you what you need to know.
4. Hire new media specialists to fully handle the social side of your business.
5. Hire new media specialists to run your social media AND teach you what you need to know about it.
USE WHAT YOU NOW KNOW
Now you have an idea of what social media or “new media” can do for your direct sales/network marketing or MLM business; learn about many of the beneficial applications and learn the action steps required to implement social media practices for your business.
Most importantly, you know your exact options for establishing social media for your business and what you need to do now to make it happen.